The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August 17, 2016



Shannon

I decided to tackle Henry V today. I normally would take notes, but decide to forgo that this time given I'm giving my hands a rest. I think talking about process on stART helped me decide to do it, because a process is there to help...but in this case the process of taking notes has been hindering me from getting to the play. And as this is one I've already seen, I have a general understanding of it. I do find it challenging to do things not always in the same way, but it felt right to shake this one up. And to keep the reading to be pretty much hands free, I read it from my huge Shakespeare omnibus which can stay open flay without having to hold the book. Seems crazy that two little shifts could make me get to something I've been meaning to get to for months.



Suzie

I am working on a post about gluten-free oats so I made chocolate peanut butter drop ice box cookies. Not easy in this heat but better than turning on the oven!

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Yay! So glad stART helped you take that step towards going hands-free Shannon. I'm sure you've looked into it already but is there a voice app for notes that works for you? Like if you needed to take notes it could do that for you?

Shannon said...

Gluten free oats? Isn't that like peanut free peanut butter? I'm sure people will really appreciate your post! There are so many gluten free folks out there. And I like drop ice box cookies.. YUM!

I can record on my phone, but ask you can imagine it doesn't always record exactly what I say because I speak quickly and I mumble. I would also need a new system, as what I did was have index card per character, and note on the card signifigant things that they did, said, etc. It exponentially increased my understanding of the plays, but I'm not sure how I could do that in an app, without taking a lot more time. For this play, I just missed a bunch. Hopefully by the enxt one my hands will be feeling better.

Suzie Ridler said...

Actually, oats don't contain gluten! Wheat flour does but they made sure there is zero chance of gluten getting into their products.

Oh that is interesting about the recording and speaking clearly... Yes, hope your hands are feeling better soon Shannon!