The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, August 19, 2016

August 19, 2016

Jamie

Even with how hard I am working I am trying to make it to the gym. I am trying to do the opposite of what I normally do - you know, forget that you are a human being in need of sleep and good food and activity and that you don't stop needing those things just because there's a big project at hand. I'm not rocking it but I'm doing better than I have in the past :)


Shannon

I'm testing out my new process for SciFi Fantasy and Weird Fiction exploration that I mentioned on stART this week, and so far it feels pretty solid, although a little more involved than I thought it would be. Here's hoping that continuing to work through and tweak it, I can come up with something that feels good without feeling too involved. I should be able to work through three more reviews, which is so good! I'm really looking forward to doing them (which is much better than the dread-of-backlog-feeling). :)


Suzie

So this is the third home for my lighting equipment. This time in the crafts room. I even put the green screen behind me to see if I could add a backdrop to the video, which is a cookbook review. This is what happens when Reg is working, it's a super hot day and I actually wear makeup. I shoot three videos in a row before it melts off.

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow, super impressed you're trying to get to the gym on top of everything Jamie!

Shannon, those cards look great and I'm glad you're feeling better about doing the videos now.

Shannon said...

Beautiful picture Jamie! Way to go for getting out to the gym, even with all that is going on. It's so easy to get tunnel vision when you are working on a big project. Great to hear you are doing a bit better at that balance and rememberance of being a human and such. We're allowed sleep and food (and more than just that!!).

Wow that's awesome set up Suzie! It's excting to see your photography set out and hear you are filming videos. I always do a few in a row too, if you get prettied up... might as well work it!

I'm glad you like the cards! New systems seems to be working out okay so far :)