The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

August 11, 2016


Shannon

I had a squee! moment when reading The Diviners, when I got a reference made to Roughing it in the Bush, I actually giggled and did a bit of a fist pump. Oh my. I hope I don't become a literary snob, but if I do I guess I will be a Canadian literary snob... if there is such a thing.

P.S. I figured it was safe to post the quote as you've both read the Diviners! I hope I figured right.


Suzie

Another crazy-long day! This time it was going to Kin's for produce, then Superstore for groceries and then to the ophthalmologist. I had time before the appointment to indulge in a decaf iced latte and then found out I have dehydrated eyeballs. My left one has been fuzzy and sore and it was almost completely dehydrated. I have to use drops and a warm eye mask and massage my eyeballs to get the blood moving again. My life is so weird and challenging right now.

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

That is so awesome Shannon! And you know, I read The Diviners BEFORE Roughing It In The Bush so that comment would have gone over my head. :)

Shannon said...

Whoa, what a day Suzie. I didn't know that you could dehydrate your eyeballs! A warm eye mask sounds lovely... maybe that can be a regular practice, although not a have-to, just an enjoyable thing. If you enjoy it! Sorry to hear things are continued to be challenging. Hopefully the massaging helps.

BTW, I don't think I've had them write my name on a cup at Starbucks! I guess one day I should order something a little fancier so I can have that moment where they say.... "Janet?"

And don't worry Suzie, TONS of stuff goes over my head. I sometimes pick up on stuff years later. YEARS!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Yay!! Look at that Canadian reference in a Canadian novel. What a treat! You're making me want to read The Diviners again. I loved that book! Maybe I'll read that right after I finish Come Thou Tortoise again :)

Oh, Suzie, that's so rough. I'm glad that you found out and that there's something you can do. I recently stumbled across a bunch of info abut Ayurvedic practices and I wonder if there's something there that would support you. I literally came across it in the context of dryness. I hope you find comfort soon!

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks! It was a very odd discovery. My acupuncturist years ago told me my well was dry. Guess she was right! I try and eat earthy things like salads and soups all the time which are good for dryness but let me know if you come across anything else.