The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30, 2012

Jamie

Another view of the completed fence - yay! I haven't had a chance to do anything in the garden yet but look forward to getting to it soon. Next big step will be removing those patio stones and getting something prettier to lead the way.



Shannon

You know you've been out a long time that the journey back is technically the next freaking day! Alas, had a fun time at the movies and a great time at film blogger pub night - which is probably what I should have a pic up but I was too wrapped up in having awesome film discussions from blind spots to festival chats to crazy arguments and all around fun times.



Suzie

Where I live is insane. People think they live in quiet communities where everything is great but there is scary crap happening everywhere. I feel like I am the only one who sees it which freaks me out. Maybe they don't read the newspaper. All I know is the cops were at a problem house in bullet-shooting range of our house for hours again last night. If I have to deal with this crap, I would rather be in Vancouver.

4 comments:

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Wow this feels like the 'neighbourhood' edition as we all have some out-and-about ness!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

It really does feel like the neighbourhood edition!

Shannon, I'm glad you had a rich time at pub night! That really does sound like a long day!

Oh, my, Suzie, that's frightening. At least the cops are there and dealing with the situation, whatever it is. I hope things settle and are safe for everyone. I want you to be in BC too.

Suzie Ridler said...

Not quite Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood but we all have interesting hoods, it's true! So glad you have so much to do where you are Shannon. I've become the noisy lady on the street with my camera spying on the bad guys, LOL.

Jamie, that fence is tall! I love it! Do you need to transplant plants back? I can't wait to see it in person.

Yes, the cops here are excellent. They have been to this house quite a bit but with the constant shootings going on the mayor wants to crack down on drug houses. Ugh. Thanks, I want to be in BC again so much.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I've put plants back but need a few more and need to get out and do some soil tending. We're also going to see about new deck furniture - woohoo!!

I'm glad to hear that the police are good. And I'm already imagining you in just the neighbourhood you'd like to be in.