The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27, 2012

Jamie

Out this weekend I forgot to take pics (which never happens!) except for when I saw this colour story from across the store. It had more of a purple hue than comes across in this picture. I love a monochromatic scheme and whether I'm buying socks or shirts or dresses my colour story is:
Black, Grey, White
Purple, Pink
Silver.

Photobucket
Shannon

Weekend Watching - Awesome action Bounty Hunters, emotionally complicated drama Sympathy for Delicious, catching up with National Treasure that a friend lent me (it was really fun), continuing X-Files rewatch and of course one of the biggest nights in film for the year: The Oscars!

Under Our Willow Tree
Suzie

We had a rare Sunday at home (which is good, we needed it) so I attempted to improve upon Iron Chef Bobby's Flay's pumpkin soup (which Reg called a melted pumpkin pie) with homemade apple dumplings. Also did six loads of laundry I think? I lost track.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

What a watching round-up for you this weekend, Shannon. Hope you had a great time watching the Oscars. I've been seeing the pics of the gowns showing up. Lots of glamour and beauty! And yay to Canadian Christopher Plummer!

Suzie, that little dumpling looks absolutely perfect! I'm glad you got some time at home. Sundays at home are... well... clearly they're delicious!

Suzie Ridler said...

You know your colour palette so well Jamie! I know, I almost forgot to take a photo too.

Shannon, that must have been quite the night last night. I enjoyed reading your FB updates this morning to hear how things turned out.

Yes, time at home on the weekend is delicious. I make sure of it when I get the chance!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

It's taken me a while to really discover that palette - and I still stray into other tones. I've found myself liking natural linen pants and cargo colour too. It's very clear though that it is easier to work a wardrobe that works together!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Wow, too funny because I always take pics on the weekend and sometimes forget during the week! I love your colour story Jamie, and the neatness of all the shirts lined up.

Suzie it looks like you had a deliciously delightful Sunday! Homemade apple dumplings... I never heard of such a thing! Sounds decidedly yum.