The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015

Jamie 

 Art Day!! It was great to pull out the paints and try something new - painting on glass. The assignment for The Year of Spark was actually to paint on plexiglass but we went with glass from a clip frame and it was really interesting. How lovely to be hanging out, painting, while the snow gentle fell and the crockpot cooked dinner and chicken soup was boiling on the stove. Kind of a perfect winter's afternoon!


Shannon

Art Day!! This was my piece in process, and it was wild to work on a clear surface although it was challenging to get a picture that felt like it because ...you see through it!



Suzie

So guess who went to see Oklahoma this weekend? Yup, me! I brought tons of Ricola because I am sick again and went with a friend who analyzed it from a contemporary feminist perspective and opened my eyes to lots of problems with the story I had never thought of before, LOL. Still, it was fun and I love the songs. I probably should have stayed home in bed but I just couldn't say no to a musical.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, as soon as I popped in I was like, "Theatre!!!" Ooooooooooklahoma :) It must have been fascinating to see a feminist take on it. I'm glad you were able to go, Suzie. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Suzie Ridler said...

Painting on glass? Cool! I can't wait to hear all about it and I love the sound of your cozy art day. :)

It was awesome to hear those classic songs Jamie. It reminded me of how much Mom loved that musical in particular. Of course I did too.

As soon as I walked into the room it was like this wonderful blanket swooped around me and I was caught up in the comfort of being in a theatre. It was wonderful.

Shannon said...

Art Day goodness! It's so cool to see things from your side of the table Jamie. It was really cool to try this new technique and where it went, all with awesome hearty kitcheny scents surrounding us!

OMG! Oklahoma! That is so exciting Suzie! That is well work a night of Ricola-ing. Fascinating the perspective your friend was seeing it from. I haven't seen it in ages, I wonder if I want to know there are problems with it or not!

Late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

Such an interesting way to create art! I love both of your glass paintings, they are just amazing.