The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

February 28, 2015

Jamie

One of the beautiful celebratory moments of yesterday's winter squirrel beta gathering! I was filled up with the love and sense of community. I'm letting my heart noodle on what's next.


Shannon

It's so exciting that Season 8 of The Voice has started. I feel so much in tune with music when watching the show, and I really love the judges. Well...most of them ;) It's amazing to hear people's stories and their choices of who they want to be their coach and why. It really shows the journey of an artist, and that is a powerful thing.


Suzie

After our wonderful chat I went back to bed. For hours! I woke up and Reg and I went for lunch at Subway. I felt much better but still was not super motivated to DO stuff so I watched some more of my jewellery-making class. I'm so surprised at how much I already know.

5 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Me too, Shannon! I truly <3 this show!! There are already a lot of great singers participating. What a joy to connect to their journey - and to the music!

Suzie, I'm so glad you got some rest. And yay to recognizing how much you already know. That's powerful.

Suzie Ridler said...

That was just the best moment yesterday with you and Alma Jamie!!! Thank you for sharing that and yes, you must be processing… I've been thinking about you and wondering how you feel about everything.

Shannon, oh you make me want to watch The Voice, LOL. Interesting, getting to hear about the artists' choices and paths. I like that. We tried to watch once but this guy came on and sang the song that Thicke guy did with all the naked women in the video. I haven't been able to try since.

Thanks Jamie and yes, I'm so surprised at how I know. It seems in jewellery making you have the basics and then you take the leap to using a blowtorch. I personally don't think I want to go that far so am trying to figure out what my next step is.

Shannon said...

AH!! What a lovely moment from the celebration call Jamie! It was so wonderful to see so many of the BetaSquirrels and feel the awesome energy that you brought to everyone's lives. I wonder what your heart will noodle next.

I remember that song Suzie, I can't remember if he got picked though. Oh... I think he did. One great thing is that especially early on there are so many different voices and styles, that there is something for everyone. I made a playlist of my faves of the folks from the season so far:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLi6s_NoCVz2ka2-6HL5O6cJadETNLVlH

That's cool that you know so much Suzie! Amazing how that happens eh? I think watching classes is a great go-to for when you aren't in the making-mood.

Suzie Ridler said...

Yay BetaSquirrels!!!

You saw that one too Shannon? Yes, he picked it and talked about how much the song meant to him so when he started singing it, Reg got mad and walked out of the room. It's too bad because the group before him sang folksy stuff and we liked it, LOL. It's kind of funny now that I think of it. Oh yes, thanks for the playlist!

Yes, I totally agree, learning and watching is a great way to stay connected to something when you can't make anything. Although I am worried I am becoming more of an armchair-creator, LOL. Gotta start finding time to play with tools!

Shannon said...

Yep, I've seen all of The Voice for the past several seasons, and I remember both that guy and the folksy duet (who I really liked, but they didn't get that far. So too bad, they were awesome). I hope you enjoy the playlist!

Armchair creator! Lol, that's a great phrase. But I understand the concern and go through that too. Working with the energy you have is totally okay though, and if that means watching then watch!