The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, February 13, 2015

February 13, 2015



Shannon

I picked up some tree books from VV and realized I didn't have any bookmarks...so... I made some! It was pretty fun. It's interesting to work with a different size and scale (tall & skinny), I had to look differently for images. It was fun though.




Suzie

I finally got some rest today and then had part of the afternoon for wire-wrapping. As you can see from this photo, we get zero light at this time of year but on the left in a chandelier setting made with the RIGHT tool (see how round the big loop is?). On the right the big look is all wonky because I did not have the right kind of wrapper. Also I can see that on the left the other loops look better because I am getting used to making them. Progress and crafting time!!!

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

They look like Moo cards Shannon! I love the orang-utan one. I can't imagine you not having bookmarks but I guess they're all being used right now!

Shannon said...

Wow those look awesome Suzie! I love all the terminology (chandelier setting...wow), sounds like there is lots to know and lots to learn. I think you are doing great!

I was so surprized I don't know where my bookmarks are. I guess they are likely packed away with my books. Good thing I don't mind making new ones.

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Shannon and yes, there is tons of learn so of course I am super happy, LOL.

I am glad you are making new bookmarks for sure then and you are really good at it!