The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, February 6, 2015

February 6, 2015

Jamie

I think I was getting a bit of cabin fever yesterday: the cold, the snow, being sick. I was so restless! Luckily I was feeling a bit better and could get a bit of work done, practice guitar and even read a little. I finished May Sarton's Journal of a Solitude and man, I'll miss hanging out with her. It inspired me to really think about adding another kind of journaling to my day.


Shannon

It's just a stamp, but inside is a form I've been meaning to send for so long that it felt insurmountable. And oddly, I don't even fill it out but just sent it along. Here's hoping the rest of the process is smooth sailing.


Suzie

Reg came to visit me in my crafts room and I asked him to update my calendar, LOL. It made me smile. I saw all the sticky notes from our planning day which made me laugh considering how much has already changed since back then. I was ecstatic to have a day in my crafts room and see that February was a giant cupcake.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, WTG, Shannon!! Yay!! That's a big deal. And hey, it looks like that envelope will be watched over by a pretty impressive guy!!

Lol, Suzie, that's exactly why I only plan season to season and make sure to build lots of flexibility in. So much shifts and changes. But there's something about the planning that gives us an oar and keeps us headed in the right direction :)

Yay to cupcakes, crafting and smiles!

Suzie Ridler said...

That looks so cold Jamie!!! Maybe hibernating a while and healing is a good thing and it sounds like you are making wonderful use of your time. More journaling? How do you do it?

Shannon, I love the stamp and can totally relate. Mailing stuff and doing paperwork is my kryptonite, way to go!

Yup, life just changes doesn't it? It does help me see the goals I want to try and achieve right now. :)

Shannon said...

That is an awesome picture Jamie, and I'm glad to hear that the cabin fever and sickies are wearing off. I wonder what kind of journalling you will add to your day?

Is there an 'adventure' sticker there Suzie? And YAY for cupcake February, that's awesome. Interesting to see things are already changed from planning, that's why it's so good to work with post-its :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Yup! Adventure is supposed to be part of my exploration theme and chances of us doing so are greater on the weekend.