The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February 17, 2015

Jamie

Wow, it is still really cold but I am so appreciating the blue skies and sunshine! Yesterday I kept getting distracted though thinking something was going by my window - it was! The smoke from our chimney! Here's to staying toasty.


Shannon

Although I couldn't make it to Art Day this week, I still continued to work on some of my projects from earlier in the month. I was very hesitant to add to them from the collage stage, but I ended up not only enjoying working on them but also the end result. I'm glad I dove in!


Suzie

I have been really struggling with the whole jewellery-making thing like I'm fighting a fever but I backed away from clay which was a trigger and got back to the wire wrapping class. I decided I didn't have to do all the exercises, that I could just watch and not stress. But when I saw her use a drill to make a chain, I had to try it! I got out my Dremel and voila! It was too tight but I didn't care. I found that very exciting.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Look at all this creativity!

Shannon, I loved seeing your collaged and drawn-on art pieces. I love how it looks like you picked as hirt for this girl - and the dots are awesome.

Power tools ftw, Suzie! I think going at your own pace in your own way is key, especially when you're working through what this all means to you on a personal level too!

Suzie Ridler said...

Dang that looks cold Jamie! But at least it's sunny, that makes a big difference.

Shannon, your conceptual art like this amazes me. Truly impressive and wild, I LOVE it.

Thanks Jamie. Yes, it's digging up some stuff for me but I am excited to be working with power tools. Especially when it makes things so much better and easier. Made that chain in seconds!

Shannon said...

Wow that is a gorgeous picture Jamie, truly a clear sky and bright blue day! At least that is something awesome, now if it just wasn't so cold! At least it's nice inside :) Very thankful for that.

So... I hope you aren't using those scary looking tools while you have a fever Suzie! In all seriousness, I'm sorry to hear that the clay was a trigger, but happy that you are finding your way not only not feeling like you have to do everything in the videos but also to concentrate on non-triggery things!

I'm so glad that you both like the art! It took a bit to get to it, and then to get it. Then it started to become fun :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Shannon and no, no power tools when I'm sick! Promise. LOL. Yeah, it's been a bit rough but I hope I've found some balance.

So glad to hear that the art became fun Shannon because it's gorgeous! And, of course, we want you to have fun.