The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015

Jamie

A big day yesterday - we moved my new computer in and got me set up!! It's the first time I've had a desktop in eons! One thing I already love is it is very quiet! This side of the studio is looking and feeling so beautiful - but with making that so, the other side is currently chaos!! I hope to get a bit of time for that today.


Shannon

Art Day drawings! Had a lot of fun playing with the exercise from Year of the Spark this week. I've also been obsessed with playing with patterns. One thing sparks and then it just keeps sparking!



Suzie

We had quite the weekend, driving down to Jericho Beach and yesterday went to Richmond for Reg's Kung Fu's School's Lion Dance.

6 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, wow, that side of your studio is looking fabulous and congrats on getting the new computer set up!!!

Shannon, that is a totally wild pattern and image. So glad that class just keeps inspiring.

Late add from me!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Thanks, Suzie! It feels so beautiful. It's inspiring me to let more stuff go - especially in tandem with how I feel about the chaos side of the room. I truly, truly love for everything to have a place. It makes me feel good :)

Shannon, the pattern looks amazing. You could tell how engaged you were with this! I'm sorry I couldn't spend more time just sitting together but I'm still glad we got to have art day!

Suzie, look at the glow of that sunshine. You guys always get out for adventures! I hope you had a great time :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Letting go can be so liberating Jamie!!! And yes to everything having its own place. I found using tins worked for me, for some reason. Like all my jewellery tools go in one… Feels good!

I'm so glad you got art day too and I love that wild design.

We had an unexpected day to ourselves so yes, we took advantage while the sun in shining! :) It was great.

Shannon said...

Wow Jamie, your space and new computer look amazing. It's so nice that it's quiet, it's amazing how much we can adapt one way or another to things, but I'm sure it will be nice to adapt to the quiet! I'm sure you will get the chaos under wraps in no time.

Wow, I am astonished you guys went to the BEACH Suzie. I mean seriously. Trying not to be jealous here! And I think all that sunshine and blue skies shows a prosperous new year for you both out West!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

LOL, that's a good point about the beach, Shannon! It's amazing that you can do that, Suzie! I'm looking out my window at over a foot of snow on the rooftops!

I'm trying to believe in the liberation of letting go, Suzie! Thank you for the reminder.

And Shannon, you're so right, adapting to the quiet is a joy!

Suzie Ridler said...

Yup! And there were many beaches to choose from and they're all downtown. It's just amazing. Thank you, I do hope it bodes well for this year. I think BC is happy we're back home and NS is pissed we got out.