The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

February 14, 2015

Jamie 

I'm sharing this a bit late and a bit early! This Valentine's was freezing and Justin's still sick so I thought a nice sweet treat for us all would be to have fresh coffee and hot cookies straight out of the oven. Yum!! That felt like a lovely and just-right treat for this Valentine's - plus I shared the recipe! (PS the salt is the essential "je ne sais quoi" to this recipe!)


Shannon

I picked up some Harlequins with it being Valentine's and all and being really chatty in the Harlequin group on GoodReads, and read this one this weekend: The Rogue Wedding Guest. Some of he titles are crazy, I wonder if they need to avoid repetition, but anyway I really enjoyed this one and it's mostly set in Tasmania! Woohoo.

 

Suzie

I was so excited to hear Tori Amos had written an autobiography, I ordered it from the library. As well as Gregg Levoy's new book. Again, Tori eludes me. The book is so non-linear and it's impossible to tell if it's her or the additional writer writing. I just can't go there. Looking forward to the other book though!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I LOVE that you decided to make cookies on Valentine's Jamie, that was so sweet and I enjoyed each and every cookie. Well, of the ones I ate!

Sounds like the Tori Amos books is a bit out there. That's sad that she continues to elude. It reminds me of visual artist and how often they aren't very interesting when they are interviewed, and how their art is a different voice.

Late add from me.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Look at all that reading! You guys are inspiring me! I'm curious about the Tori Amos autobiography though it sounds a bit challenging! Suzie, I hope you enjoy Vital Signs as much as I did!

And yay! I'm glad you liked the cookies, Shannon! I hope they went well with your book :)

Suzie Ridler said...

I am totally going to try those cookies Jamie and I put that cookbook on my wish list! :) Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Shannon, that is so cool you are connected with people thanks to a Harlequin group and that is so cool the story is set in Tasmania. Thank you so much for the book referrals too! I am really looking forward to exploring romance novels again.