The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February 18, 2015

Jamie 

Welcome inside my new computer! It has a small profile but big power! Justin's getting it all ready for me and it may be a few days before I move in. I'm a bit nervous about it because it's a big change to go back to a desktop. I know there will be lots of adjustments and I hope they're good ones! Wish us luck on this new adventure!


Shannon

I finished my 9th book for the Those Books Exploration! The book was Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, the first in The African Trilogy (although it reads easily as stand alone). This one was a challenge from a content perspective, as well as feeling like it was so outside the realm of what I would normally read. When I reminded myself that that was like...the point.. then I eased into it more and really could appreciate it. And it wiggled its way into my heart, even though some things I thought were really not okay. Very odd combination of reading experiences throughout, that's for sure!

 

Suzie

I took a risk and went to Value Village to pick up a grab bag. I have always loved grab bags. I think they are the most exciting things because you just never know what will be inside and that is so amazing. I bought this one which wasn't cheap ($10) and had this fun idea that if I could make a piece from here and sell it for $10 then I would have paid for the materials. And then I got all freaked out and deleted the post on Facebook. Still, some of the items inside were amazing and definitely worth $10 just for the chains alone which are not cheap. I am still struggling with the kind of jewellery I want to make but I'm going to try and just let it happen.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

What fun to get a jewellery grab bag!! I got a stationary one a while back and was delighted to get a whole bunch of Crayola pipsqueak markers, which I just LOVE!

I'm glad you got some treasures there, Suzie, and sorry it triggered some freak out energy. I think it's a fun idea to create it and sell it. It's a bit of a wild experiment!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

(And btw, it's true - I was able to post without proving I'm not a robot!)

Suzie Ridler said...

That is fantastic Jamie!!! Wow, looks so cool. All change brings challenges but I do hope this goes as smoothly as possible.

They are fun, aren't they Jamie? What is a pipsqueak marker???

Thanks, I do hope I come up with a way to make stuff without triggering stress, LOL.

Shannon said...

Good luck with your new computer Jamie! I think it's a really sleek (and cute) one, and I hope it's got the awesome power that will be magic at your fingertips.

Grab Bags for the win! That treasure hunting thing runs deep eh? I saw that post on Facebook and thought it was a great idea, but I totally understand if it feels like too much pressure. You are just coming back to this after a while, I think it's okay to let it become what it is - and that means it can change, or even be different things on different days!

Late add from me.