The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16, 2015

Jamie 

With the brutal cold yesterday, it was a treat to simply stay in and hang out at the kitchen table creating! Shannon had other commitments so it was a quiet art day on my own but it feels good to stick with this weekly ritual. I'm sticking with the process of developing this "found flowers" work. It's a bit scary to make changes to a piece I already like but I look forward to finding my way.


Shannon

SO. It was cold. THIS COLD. The weather people were right. And I stayed inside! Barely even looked out a window.

 

Suzie

It felt like Reg and I went to Paris for Valentine's Day. I discovered a Parisienne-style café that was participating in the Hot Chocolate Festival and just knew I wanted to go there for a special treat out. It was amazing and made me realize just how much I do want to really go to Paris one day.

5 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

How absolutely delightful, Suzie! That picture is beautiful. Paris, absolutely!

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, I am still so amazed at that found flowers artwork and can totally understand the fear of "developing it" further. Still, yay for art day and for bravery!!! And I am so glad you didn't go out in that cold.

Thanks! It was such a treat. I have never gone out for hot chocolate and TWO desserts before! But when in Paris...

Shannon said...

Way to go on sticking to art day scheduling Jamie! It's so nice to have regular rituals. Here is to continue to find your way with found flowers :)

Vancouver has a HOT CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL? Omg that is amazing. And those treats look absolutely delightful. What a wonderful Valentine's treat.

Last of the late adds from me.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Shannon, I love how that totally captures the day. What a doozy!!

Suzie Ridler said...

Yup! Vancouver has a hot chocolate fest and Valentine's Day was the last day (which is kind of weird).

You guys are getting Ottawa cold! That just isn't right and I am so glad you stayed inside. :)