The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

March 31, 2012

Jamie

As we continue making progress in the house, one thing that's been a bit tough getting rid of is all our VHS tapes. It helps to know a certain Movie Moxie will give them a good home. Looking at the titles cracks me up. I mean, Strange Brew and 42nd Street? LOL!




Shannon

This one is a little hard to see the specifics (which I'll post soon!), but it was the last steps in plotting out the 2012 Movie Moxie Book to Film Club! Plotting out the final 3 books and scheduling the rest of the year all with a very simple index cards card system (having them done in advance sooooo helped. A huge thank you to Jamie for helping me piece it all together, now I know exactly what we'll be reading & when. I just hope all the films cooperate and stick to their release dates!

Under Our Willow Tree

Suzie

Yesterday I braved the freezing cold weather to go to the thrift store (it's very far away when you're walking). The mannequin heads were all over the store and did not make for a great photo so this time I focused on what I bought. I got these handmade plates by someone who created them in the 70s. I just loved the detailing on them and they really reminded me of Mom. I think they are going to make great cheese and bread photos since they are entirely flat.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Look at all these treasures! So much to enjoy - thrifty finds, books and films and lots of favourite movies!

Shannon it was great to help with plotting and planning and amazing to see how once you laid it all out, everything fell into place. (Index cards ftw!)

Suzie, you're inspiring me to look for treasures. I so miss the auction! It was my absolute favourite place for magical finds. I'll look forward to seeing your plate show up in your photos!

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, going through tapes like that us hard, having the MM to share with rocks.

And Shannon, that is an awesome way to organize your B to M Club! So visual, makes so much sense.

Is the auction officially over now? I miss it too. So many treasures came from there for me too.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Wow those are totally cool plates Suzie, I'm surprized they are flat a I imagine them with a bit of a lip. Totally kitcshy and fun!

And YAY to a new home for the VHS tapes, I've already watched a few and I'm happy they have a new home. Just need to find the shelf space for them, tee hee!!

I think the auction is officially over, although every year I wonder if that's the truth...