The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 20, 2012

The weather is extraordinary in Toronto right now. Crocuses are blooming everywhere. Daffodils and tulips are starting. My lilac is budding. Despite all these signs of spring, it's still probably too early to clear away all those protective leaves and start planting. I think there's a lesson in there for our tender new dreams as well.

Under Our Willow Tree

Suzie

Yesterday I walked to Canadian Tire to get a power bar for my crafts room. I got one on sale for $10. I was so tired of knocking stuff off this table to plug and unplug stuff into the wall. Now I can listen to music at the same time as I use my other tools as well as have a light on in my crafts room which is ridiculously dark. Just $10 helped me hugely with stress in this room of creative anarchy, big time.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Brilliant, Suzie! It's amazing what can make a big difference for us. Of course you have to be powered up - you're Aquarius! Enjoy :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow! You guys are so ahead of us! Look at those flowers, totally brilliant, I love it. Such a happy photo Jamie!

It's so true. I was struggling, swearing and so mad every time something fell down and then I realized, hey... So much better!

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

zomg, I totally forgot to put a picture up!! Aiee. Was very tired. Sorry!

I love the beautiful contrast of the happy flowers peeking through the under-covering Jamie!

And way to go Suzie, what a beautiful $10 solution to continual frustation, well not continual any more!