The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Rewind: August 11, 2013

  Jamie

Every day I'm trying to do a little work stuff, a little house stuff, a little Mom stuff. Today I grabbed a pack of Mom's photos and discovered a collection of her photos at Robot Sumo Wrestling at OCAD. I posted a few over at our family blog. I'm really missing Mom today.

I took this photo just a week ago so this is kind of a lame "rewind" but to be honest, I can't believe everything that has happened in just one week. I am so tired. We were still having fun back then. It is of on of Reg's guitar teacher's many guitars. I love this one. Reminds me of one of my favourite movies. (No spoilers, don't worry.) This is the colour I wanted to paint my crafts room when we moved into the house but knew that it would be a tough sell later on and would have to be repainted, so I never painted it. At all. I am looking forward to making our next place "ours" and no longer having to worry about reselling our space.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Interesting rewind Suzie, and awesome guitar! I love the colour, I had my room in one place that colour (and Hawaiian donut coloured carpet!). Here's to looking ahead!

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow, I wish I could remember that place Shannon, how long ago was that?

Shannon said...

It was the basement apartment that Jamie & I shared, the second one. It had a really small kitchen that we never ate it, but we had one Christmas there and played racing cars on the floor that Reg got us.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I loved playing with those racing cars!

That colour has really been calling you, Suzie! How fascinating to see it in the guitar too!

A late add from me today.

Shannon said...

Aw! That's an awesome picture Jamie. I'm with ya, I've been missing her a lot lately too.

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh yes, OK, I remember now, thanks Shannon!

It really has Jamie. It feels so mermaid-y to me.

Wow, that just proves Mom is the coolest mom ever. Me too, thinking about her all the time.