The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 29, 2013

Jamie

Yesterday morning as I was writing in my journal, I caught a flutter outside and went to have a look. It touched me that a mourning dove stopped by precisely two months after Mom's passing.


Shannon

I popped out yesterday to get some milk, but this row of flowers upon flowers all leaning over the sidewalk together into the sidewalk stopped me in my tracks. Pic is taken with my phone, and is a good reminder that even when you are popping out for milk bring your CAMERA because you never know when you will find a treasure of a moment to capture.


Suzie

Yesterday we recorded Hexed (woot!) but then the home stager arrived. She was awesome. She was here for three hours and basically told us we have to hide everything we own. The worst offending room? The kitchen. I should have minimal stuff in my cupboard and zero on my counters. I kind of lost it (enthusiasm) when we got to my little island and she told me to only have a few pots and pans on it. I realized, there is no way I can food blog and show the house at the same time. Maybe if I did product reviews but that is it. We have so much work ahead of us, I am completely overwhelmed. Reg is talking about moving later, moving earlier... Woke up with major migraine this morning. I just want to hide.

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Isn't that amazing Jamie? I think that is quite beautiful, the timing of the morning dove.

Shannon, wow, that's a great shot! And those flowers are so tall and colourful. It's true, always bring a camera. You just never know.

Shannon said...

Whoa, I swear I commented on this one. I wonder what happened to it.

Jamie, that's amazing that you saw a mourning dove marking 2 months of Mom's passing. I felt the specific day very strongly too.

I think it's a little crazy that the stager said you need minimal stuff in the kitchen cupboards. As long as it's organized, who cares? Ugh. That is so frustrating Suzie! But now you have the info so you can choose to do with it what you wish. Overwhelm does feel like how things are right now for sure.