The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18, 2013

Jamie

Justin and I continue our guitar quest. As you can see, it's a bit overwhelming to make a start! We had thought we'd pop in and rent a couple of guitars for a month to get a feel for it but before we knew it we were looking at the options and stuck on whether to start with steel strings or classical. This outing totally reminded me of Jason, particularly as we walked through the rental section with all sorts of young guys picking up the amps and such for their gigs Saturday night.



Shannon

Late add! My SciFi surprize this week was Menace from Outer Space and wow, it was scifi but not great. Very cheesy and lots of hilarious dialogue (one of the characters is named 'Winky') but oof, it was not tons of fun. But with my next film I'll be 1/5th of the way into the challenge. I'm looking forward to that landmark.


Suzie

We did get out this weekend with our friends Mike and Jen to finally see the latest Die Hard movie. As always, Bruce Willis was phenomenal but was it a good movie? Probably not. It was just great to get away for a bit though with friends.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Yay to getting out to the movies! I can't believe what a wonderful break that can be. I always settle in and think, "Ah... nothing to do but enjoy for a couple of hours." Sounds like a fun pick!

Shannon said...

Wow Jamie, that's a HUGE array of guitars! I can totally see how it would feel overwhelming, but I'm totally impressed that you got out there and continued the Quest! I think that should be enough XP to ding you to at least level 3 of your Bard quest :)

I'm happy to hear you got out to the movies Suzie, although it's too bad that the film itself wasn't that great. I don't think I've heard much about it at all.

Plus: Late ADD from me

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, I can totally understand being overwhelmed. I was looking at similar guitars the other day when Reg went to the store and was wondering how you two were doing with this journey.

Shannon, you amaze me that you are continuing with this quest and at least this time it was actually sci-fi!

The movie was OK. I have been kind of out of it lately. Maybe it was just me. Reg really liked it.