The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 29, 2013

Jamie

Yesterday was a long, long day. I started working at 8:00 am and finished by 9:15 pm. It was all good work, which makes a difference, and I had company too, LOL. And even though it was late I was bound and determined to paint the trim of my new bulletin board white so that I could get it up and put my dreamboard on it. That's one of my goals for today. Wish me luck!



Shannon

I finally, FINALLY, am done re-winding all the yarn. I think that took a month, but I had to do it a bit at a time because it would drive me bananas at times. But now it's done and now I get to switch to the funner gears of what to make. :)




Suzie

Yesterday was all about photography and videos. I decided to do a shopping minute video to share what clothing I got recently at Value Village. Check out all the orbs! Oh and while I was dyeing my hair (I have given up trying to see my hairdresser) the postal carrier guy came. So embarrassing!

As a result I also did an unboxing of my big birthday present to myself to end on my bday journey on a happy note. Turns out the photo did not really match what I got but I am still happy.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That's awesome Suzie! I love your shopping minute and your honesty on the break up and being good again. And OMG you are right ... so many orbs! I love the sweater, that's awesome!

Suzie Ridler said...

Shannon, all that work! I am so glad you did it a little bit at a time. It's like wax on wax off but for knitters. Like a discipline-building exercise and you rocked it. I'm so impressed!

Oh thank you. I really wanted to start doing minute videos on shopping. When I chickened out of the Old Navy one I thought I gave it up for good but doing it this way works for me. I'm so glad you liked it Shannon and I know, orb craziness!!! :)

Sorry, jumped the gun on hitting publish again Jamie!!!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I'm just smiling from enjoying both of your entries today. That felt like a visit!

Congrats on all that yarn, Shannon! Wow, what a lot of work. Now you have a treasure trove to choose from for your knitting. That part is soooo exciting! Can't wait to see what you make.

Suzie, I loved your shopping minute. Yay Value Village for following up and apologizing! And omg, the sweater and shoes are awesome! I love seeing the way your style is expressing itself. And I had no idea that we had in common that love of wearing something that gives us a giggle. Fun!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Oh, and I was a bit behind you guys but still here today :)

Shannon said...

Jinx looks likes she is perfectly at home with you at the new desk! Way to go for persisting though the long day and getting to that trim! I can't wait to see how it looks up in the studio :)

Suzie Ridler said...

I love seeing Jinx hanging out with you Jamie, especially when you are working so long and hard! Good luck with the painting today, always great to have goals.

Yes, Shannon, you do have a treasure trove of yarn, nice! I am excited about seeing your next knitting project too.

Jamie, when I got the sweater and shoes it reminded me of how you were confused over your attraction to argyle. That's right, right? Although now it is super hipster!

I am so glad Value Village apologized, I feel so much better now. I have decided if I am going to buy clothes there, because of the high prices, it has to be something special. Skulls and stuff make me laugh which is why I wear them so it's so weird about the sheep.