The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, January 25, 2013

January 25, 2013

Jamie

Yep, I braved -14 last night to go out for a cold beer, hehe. It wasn't the beer that was the draw. It was my dear friend Sabine. We even talked about the first time we met and how both of us were thinking, "Oh, we are going to be friends!" When she came over to my house for the first time and brought popsicles, the deal was done! It was so great to catch up and laugh and chat together.



Shannon

It was crazy cold yesterday, but I did make it out to the library and did my Library Loot vlog although I think it will be my last one until the spring. The weather is way to challenging to know I can make it every week. But I am very happy that Burn Notice Season 2 was there for me this week, I'm sure I'll enjoy watching it before I swing it by with my returns.



Suzie

I've been having some trouble getting inspired to do anything lately. I guess I'm going through one of those dry periods but I am trying to remind myself that it is just a cycle. I did try and make a Goth donut yesterday, a big one. Most people who make miniature food want it to be super tiny and 100% accurate. I realized I want foodie rock star jewellery so I want big, bold and crazy. So maybe I did make some headway? Oh and dazzled it up BTW, this is an in-process photo.

7 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow, that is a lot of loot Shannon! Oh I can't wait until it warms up so I can order Season 1 of Burn Notice. The do carry it at my library. Oh I like the name Oranges and Sunshine!

I think the weather next week for all of us is supposed to warm up. I'm so amazed you got to your library Shannon, way to go!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, look at all that loot! I think it makes total sense to wait until spring. The weather has just been so cold and unpredictable. Maybe it's time to come up with a new show about your personal library or what's on your shelf :)

Suzie, I totally thought that doughnut was real! It looks like you could sink your teeth into it! Yay to finding your own way. Rock Star Foodie FTW!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Oh... and a late add from me :)

Shannon said...

YAY for braving the cold and celebrating your friendship with Sabine, Jamie! That is totally awesome :)

I love the rock star donut Suzie, it looks totally good enough to eat! hahah! And YAY for making if your own way, that's always progress.

Shannon said...

And I'm totally hoping that I will get to some of the shows and books on my shelves to enjoy in the colder months. :)

Suzie Ridler said...

You are brave! And I love it when people connect like that and yes, a popsicle gal is your kind of friend Jamie.

Shannon, that's a great way to spend the winter, I can relate! I'm enjoying some books on food and loving picking random movies on Netflix. Whatever works!

Wow, you thought it was a real donut?! Oh good, I'm so glad! That's awesome. I loved the idea of a black donut with pink icing. I really want to get neon clay though to really make the bright colours pop.

Shannon said...

Yep I thought it was real, the icing looks so bang-on was what did it although I didn't notice it was black, thought that was a shadow and just looked at the yummy icing!