The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 29, 2012

Jamie

Every other week it's time to go to art picnic. Here I am with bags full of magazines, my journal, glue stick and scissors, ready for another work of entrepreneurial creative friendly talk.



Suzie

Yesterday was "photograph everything" day. I took this photo because I am going to be writing about the crochet course I have been taking online and showing off my finished cupcake shirt. I made this trimmed piece of wool for the class and decided to fabric glue a skull to it. I have no idea what to do with it so let me know if you have any ideas. :)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

What an artsy day it was! I love where there is a theme that crops up and creating sounds like it's taking it's place to bat :)

Suzie Ridler said...

An art picnic is so cool! And yes Shannon, what an artsy day, how a coincidence.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, that's awesome, Suzie. I'd love to hear more about your class!

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Jamie! The class is great. Small projects and she really goes over the basics and shows you EXACTLY what to do and how to do it. I am going to be learning how to do be doing blocking next. Which I didn't even know about. You spray your trim with water and then stretch it out so it won't warp after you stitch it on. You don't have to take the classes in order either.

The only thing is I concentrate so hard, that I get really hot, LOL. It's such a mental and physical workout for me that I am actually looking forward to it cooling down, LOL. It's nuts! But I can tell it's good for me. Like how you were describing the archery. Good for mind/body connecting.