The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, August 17, 2012

August 17, 2012




 Jamie

This is not the best picture but I hope it gives a hint. I was so excited when I was doing my morning pages to look across the way and notice... was it?... yes it was! A bud! Remember when Suzie was here and I bought all those plants, including those summer bulbs with white flowers? These are them!! I had thought maybe with the lack of water we've had they wouldn't bloom this year but it looks like they will. Yay!!


Under Our Willow Tree

Suzie

We had another crazy day! Went out to do some more shopping for Reg's Hal-Con costume (which was fun and I got more yarn at VV!) and spent another day attacking the weeds along our curb. Then, just as we were leaving to meet Mike and Jen for coffee, a monsoon hit. Some of the scariest driving weather ever. You know they are like our bestest friends for us to drive through that for coffee and catch up. I got this chocolate and caramel covered pretzel which was good but very awkward to eat. Thankfully the rain had stopped by the time we left. I just hope all that rain didn't drown our grass seed!

5 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, what a journey, Suzie! At least there's yarn and treats. That pretzel sounds amazing!

I'm so glad you're all safe and sound and had a good visit!

Shannon said...

A bud! I totally see it Jamie and I'm so excited for your garden!

Sounds like you've been hitting the garden too Suzie! I'm glad you avoided the crazy weather and got to enjoy a treat instead - yay for coffee shops!

Suzie Ridler said...

That is so cool Jamie! The magic of gardening. :) Thank you for letting us see it, makes me feel like I am there again.

Yes, it was a scary journey to the cafe but we waited it out thank goodness. We totally love the Starbucks in Bedford and it's awesome Mike & Jen came out despite the weather too.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

And now it has bloomed! it was so fast from bud to bloomed! I shared a pic on Facebook but with so much happening I haven't managed to put it up here yet, hehe.

Suzie Ridler said...

Was that the white flower with the aubergine center? It was gorgeous Jamie!