The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 23, 2012

Jamie

Justin and I were downtown last night to finally file our taxes (They're not quite as late as they sound. Because I run a small business, my deadline is in June). As we walked our way to dinner afterwards we came across the Jack Layton memorial service at Nathan Phillips Square to mark the one year anniversary of his passing. Throughout the square were inspiring messages written in chalk, reminders of the positive impact Jack made in the lives of so many.




Shannon

I'm still obsessed with fishing in WoW, and I finally fished up this pet: A Giant Sewer Rat! It's actually quite big (would be awesomely big if I was playing a gnome atm). I'm still hoping for Mr. Pinchy too, but this little fella makes me smile! And it only took 2 nights of trying!


Suzie

I love this sweater but don't like the buttons on it. I bought new ones the other day and had just enough time to put one button on before we were off doing stuff. One of those things is tackling all the weeds along our curb which is seriously taking forever. But at least we are back to some normalcy for a while.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I saw that on the news Jamie. Amazing outpouring of people's emotions for the loss of Jack. I love how Toronto feels so connected with him.

Shannon, way to go! I don't think Reg has that pet yet and don't give up on Mr. Pinchy!

Shannon said...

That's amazing you got to see the memorial Jamie! I was listening to CBC yesterday when they were mentioning it, it's hard to believe it's been a year since he has passed.

Way to go Suzie for changing up the buttons on a sweater! I don't think I've ever done that. It's great to change things so that they work for you! Awesome.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I never thought I'd be saying this: Yay sewer rat!! LOL!

And wow, yay making that sweater work with new buttons, Suzie! WTG!

It really was nice to happen upon the memorial. There was a lot of love and optimism and sunshine :)