The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 19, 2012

Jamie

I've been thinking a lot about transformation, life and love lately and for me this rewind picture brings that all into focus. We'd just moved into our house and our dear Bascha was still with us. Since then there has been so much change. I've just been realizing how much we've put into the house - transforming first structural things (like the roof and the furnace), then moving on to the kitchen, the front of the house and now the backyard. Because it's taken so much time I don't think I've really quite understood just how much we've done until recently. And of course, Bascha is no longer with us but when I see a picture like this, I can literally feel her wee body, resting deeply into ours. There's a lot of love in our wee family.

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

What a beautiful photo Jamie! I miss Bascha so thank you for sharing that photo.

It is true, you have transformed so much of your home, it is amazing. You really have put your heart and souls into ever nook and cranny there to make it your own.