The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, August 3, 2012

August 3, 2012

Jamie

Not the very best picture of my dreamboard but I hope it will give you an impression of what I'm dreaming of under the Full Sturgeon Moon. I ended up absolutely loving this board, completely and utterly. It feels like I'm allowing myself to dream about and imagine what's next for me, in a way that's grounded in the sacred and expressed beautifully in and through experiences and environments. I even found a picture of a new Canadian $100 bill for a focus on prosperity! (National Geographic featured our new 'plastic' money)

Suzie

You can't tell from this photo but I had a brutal day yesterday. I had to go to the walk-in clinic because I have an ear infection. I got drops and the pain was so bad I just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry. Instead I took some anti-inflammatories which thankfully helped. Determined not to fall into a bout of self-pity, I focused instead on doing a video newsletter. It helped me get my act together and since I was still in a lot of pain I just focused on editing the video down to its essence the way all the books say to. I also added a fun Suziey-style intro which I am finally figuring out.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I was going to say you certainly can't tell that from the photo! Way to work through it Suzie and the upcoming contest and new project sound like a lot of fun.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have an ear infection - that is so challenging and painful, I'm glad to hear the antiinflammatories are helping. Way to go for going to the clinic.

And way to go on the video editing, it looks amazing and I love all the quick cuts, that certainly seems the style now and you did it seamlessly!

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Shannon! Well I was feeling a bit better and talking about food is so much fun for me so that helped.

Oh my ear is just wicked Shannon, I can't even touch it so sleeping has been impossible. I just hope it starts to heal soon.

Thank you so much for noticing the editing! I was going to leave it but it would have taken 90+ to upload so I knew it was too long. Once I get my editor's hat on... Cut it in half and I think it moves faster and is more fun to watch now.

I really appreciate your feedback Shannon! Means so much to me.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Oh, Suzie, I'm so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. I hope that you heal very, very soon.

I'm glad that working on something was a bit of a relief and distraction. I haven't watched it yet but am so looking forward to it!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

OMG, the video is awesome!! Your enthusiasm is infectious, Suzie. Awesome!

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, what a gorgeous dreamboard! I see lots of beautiful luxury, including how you spend your time, relaxing, appreciating the moments. LOL, the money spoke to me immediately and I was like, yes! Love it and your feet look so cute too. :)

Thanks for the condolences, the pain has been pretty miserable. I only have drops for a week but I can hardly hear through that ear. Trying not to freak out.

Yay! Thank you so watching the video too Jamie. I decided to take out anything that felt like low energy so it's high energy most of the time which I feel good about. Work well for video. I also finally came up with an intro I liked that suited me. I decided to approach it like my newsletter: oohhh, what's that? Why is she doing that? I wonder what that's about?

LOL, sneaky eh?! I hope it works! I really want people to learn about my new project and see how much I care about it.