The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015

Jamie

Art Day was really something else yesterday! We played with an entirely different kind of exercise - creating wire and fibre-wrapped animals. I felt like I was in Jim Henson's Creature Shop!! I'm really surprised by my creation (I'll share on stART) and I could see how I would absolutely get imaginatively caught up in this process. I kept being a bit overwhelmed by what could get exciting here!


Shannon

The craziness of Art Day! I didn't know where this one would go, and it was certainly a challenging one for me. I love 3D but I don't feel very strong in actually doing it in terms of the know-how. It was really wild seeing it take on a life of it's own.



Suzie

This weekend was Reg's kung fu school's tournament. He got to do the awards announcements and perform. I did video of his performance which I will share on Facebook soon. For now, here is Sifu Vicki doing Tai Chi, she was amazing too!

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Shannon, I love that we started with the same little frog and went somewhere entirely different!

I'm sure that was a really full day, Suzie! I'll look forward to the video. How cool to see a female Sifu!

Shannon said...

It's awesome to see the art day ness in progress Jamie, and it's going to be fun to share the reveals. So true, it's wild we started with the same frog and ended up something totally different. I can totally see you in Jim Henson's Creature Shop! There will be more giggles and creatures I'm sure.

Wow, what an exciting weekend event to go to an awards ceremony and for Reg to get to perform. I will look forward to the video!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Giggles and creatures, oh my!!