The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015

Jamie

For a long time I've been wondering what makes something feel like home. Okay, that's a pretty funny picture to go with that statement, LOL. Justin and I are adding a few personal touches to the kitchen (no, not a bee suit) and yesterday ended up going downtown to get curtain rods, where we walked by The Brick, which has this exhibit in the window about Big Brother! Apparently you can go take pictures of yourself with the BB house furniture and be entered into draws.


Shannon

The Shakespeare kick continues! I've been mapping out the characters before reading the text to help understand the relationships. This is the layout for Titus Andronicus, and it has a much larger cast of characters than the last one. This time I know the story, so it will be interesting to see how the reading experience compares to reading Two Gentlemen of Verona which I knew nothing about. We'll see how it goes.



Suzie

I finally left the house on the weekend and went to fancy-schmancy Metrotown. Jamie, we took you there to the jungle restaurant when you came to visit? You wouldn't even recognize it now. I was doing OK until we went into the Mac store. My energy just dropped and I felt like I was going to pass out but I had been doing quite well. It's going to take a while to get my strength back but this mall is tough on me on a good day so I think I did great!

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Shannon, I'm just loving this Shakespeare kick. It's been great to have it spill over and inspire taking Playing Shakespeare off the shelf!

Suzie, I really remember the Rainforest Cafe! I'm glad you had a bit of energy. I'm surprised you're out and about though - take good care of you!

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, that is the weirdest photo ever and I LOVE it! Oh yes, what makes a home a home. So important to figure that out. I learned a lot from selling our house that for me a home means having the stuff I love around me and not hidden away.

Shannon, that is so smart! A great way to get comfortable with the names and the connection of everyone to each other.

Rainforest Cafe!!! That's the name, LOL. Oh I was so sick of being inside and the sun was shining (rare) and I wanted to get out. Yes, back to taking care of me now. :)

Shannon said...

That is a crazy picture for the theme of home! Kind of looks like a deflating bee, hehe. Wild that you saw a display about BB. It's a great question, what makes something feel like home. I will be very curious to see how it comes into being.

It's so great that you were able to get out and go to the mall Suzie. I'm sorry to hear your energy fizzled out, but I think that is totally understandable. Building back up the reserve is a good thing :)

I'm having so much fun with all the Shakespeare goodness. Jamie it's been delightful to watch Playing Shakespeare together, I have loved every episode. Fun times!