The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, March 6, 2015

March 6, 2015

Jamie 

I was up at St Clair West station yesterday and saw these totally frost-covered windows with the shadows of trees; I was captivated. It felt like a beautiful set for a great piece of theatre or fabulous Japanese screens for a home.


Shannon

Gah! Another day where I barely took any pictures. But it started off with morning pages, as so many days do. I wonder how long I have been doing them regularly now. Might even be years. Wow.


Suzie

I had to go into the medical clinic to get a bunch of prescriptions but I stopped by the thrift store next door and bought this bowl for $1.50. I know, the last thing I needed was a bowl but it isn't just any bowl. I want to use it for painting. I saw that CreativeBug has a new watercolour painting class and knew that is what this was for. I'm using the giant containers I bought to house a ton of water and so I will ladle it into the bowl which feels like a kind of ritual. Will prevent me from having to get up and means as soon as I feel like painting, I can paint right away.

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, that is a beautiful photo and you're right, just like a Japanese room separator on its side. :)

Shannon, it has been a long time. I'm always happy to see your journal pages on FB!

Shannon said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous shot Jamie! Fantastic composition. I love it!

I love that bowl Suzie, and if it brings ease to painting all the better. The water colour class looks amazing, I love the teacher - she is so positive and has great tips.