The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015

Jamie

I love Art Day! This week we decided to be more free form about what we were creating. I was glad to get to my found flowers painting, even though I'm still working on the result, and it was fun to start another wire adventure with this little one!


Shannon

Art Day! I've been wanting to do some drawing and this week that happened! I drew a Christmas Cactus again and again..and again! This is one of my faves of the drawings. I find I like doing the contour/outline drawings, they feel really great for getting a nice definitive shape. But I like creating the actual shape with shading, and then I don't like it as outline-y. This one felt the most successful at getting the best of both approaches.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

That looks beautiful, Shannon. And how fascinating to take the time to figure out what it is you're loving. It's great you had some time to draw!

Shannon said...

I love your wire adventure Jamie! It's amazing how it just sort of morphs into being, eh? And it was fun to have free form art day! Cool to have that in the mix of things.

Suzie Ridler said...

Did you wrap around that creature Jamie or is that the final creature?

Shannon, love Christmas cactus and I picked that up right away. It's amazing we're still figuring out our styles and loves and what works and what doesn't. Art really is a lifestyle.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I just started that creature, Suzie, and that's as far as I've gotten. I'll be getting to wrapping next!