The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 7, 2014

Jamie

A new step in my drawing process - adding a bit of colour! I'm trying out some watercolour coloured pencils. It was amazing to see the same shapes I've been drawing since I was a teenager come out onto the page! I continue being delighted that I'm enjoying drawing.


Shannon

Organization day! I keep working on organization stuff, but I have a feeling that's not the way to go atm. Although I was happy with some of the things I came up with, it just didn't feel great. Very strange for me to feel this way, but it's the truth!


Suzie

Reg had a gaming day so I actually had a whole day to do whatever I wanted! I did a little shopping, all the laundry and made a chocolate sauce which ended up in a mocha sorbet. Yum! And I also did a video trying to clean my copper pots. I miss having days like this and can't wait to have them again.

5 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I wonder what's going on with that Shannon? How odd!

Shannon said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a day to enjoy do ing anything you wanted Suzie! What a treat! I hope there are more of them to come in the future :)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Hmm... Shannon, I wonder where that's going to take you! It's always so weird when our life shifts and we don't quite have a picture of what's next. It's a good time to follow those instincts :)

Suzie, that's so great you had a more regular "Suzie" day. Here's to more to come!

A late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

Thank you, it was a huge relief!

Jamie, OMG, that so reminds me of your drawings as a teen and now they're coming to a whole new level. So cool!

Shannon said...

Wow, amazing drawing (with colour!) Jamie! I missed it before, but I am glad I got to see it come to life :)