The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 20, 2014

Jamie 

Well, I have been sick for the entire long weekend. Mostly, I slept. When I was awake, I spent time doodling to keep my mind off how I was feeling. I explored the world of Zentangles. There were so many good references online and I figure that each exploration expands my visual vocabulary, which is great.


Shannon

Getting all coffee's and snack-ready up for recording Before the Dawn with Marina! It was a treat to dive into book to movie & TV news.

 

Suzie

Reg and I indulged in a few sweet treats out of the house this weekend. I had a real chocolate and peanut butter craving. We got a ton done around the house this weekend but I'm glad we got out for some foodie fun too.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Treats! Treats are always such a good way to make the work go better. Mary Poppins had it right!

Shannon said...

Having the sickies totally sucks Jamie. But these explorations are amazing. I could look at them for hours!

Whoa that looks like a totally choclatey treat Suzie! I am glad you had a chance to enjoy some ooey-gooey goodness over the weekend along with house-stuff.

And last of the late adds from me!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

It's great to see the behind the scenes prep, Shannon :)

And thank you! I'm so glad you like these drawings. I'm continuing to enjoy obsessing, LOL, though, as you know, I'm feeling a bit complicated about them. Perhaps that's what I'll chat about next stART!

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh Jamie, so sorry you have been sick. Bummer! And BTW, never heard of Zentangles but those drawings are amazing.

Podcasting and book goodness sounds awesome to me!