The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 24, 2014


Shannon

Here is a pic of what's most recently added/read on my Kobo. I kinda wish some of the images were more clear, but then on the other hand it makes it kind of mysterious to not quite know what everythign is!


Suzie

Remember how I mentioned that our new mirror took quite a bit of damage? Well I went out and bought paper clay to mend it, then I hand painted it, added salt to it to give it similar texture and then yesterday I spray painted the whole piece. It is finally repaired and can be put on the wall!

I have always wanted to be a little bit of a DIY person and have to say, I am so impressed and happy with myself for not giving up on this item but mending it and bringing it back to life. A few years ago I would never have had the confidence to do it. Amazing how playing with clay and paint has changed my life and perspective.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, what an amazing repair Suzie I can't even tell there was something wrong. I know how much you love and were happy to find this mirror, good on your for sticking with it and bringing it back to life. And rekindling your DIY dreams!

Late add from me :)

Suzie Ridler said...

I gather these are "those" books Shannon?! Well done!

Thank you, I worked so hard on fixing the mirror and now it's up on the wall looking fabulous. Oh we're getting so close!!!