The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August 6, 2014

Jamie

Wow, how did this visit feel so short! It has been so great to hang out with Jason this weekend. We've gone out for brunch, chowed down on waffles, gone to the movies, walked to the beach and talked, talked talked like only Ridlers can do, LOL! I'm so glad he's swinging by one more time before he heads back stateside.


Shannon

It was totally time for an art store adventure! I ended up switching my mind on stuff several times, but went with a kids project book for a journal, chalk pastels and these weird "plastic" crayon type things that are pretty cool but also totally weird. They are like a crayon, but no little waxy bits fly off and they don't leave any residue on your hands. I think I'm going to have fun exploring with them!

2 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

What a treat to get to the art store. I'm totally loving my project book and think I'm going to pop by and pick up some of those weird crayons! I want to see how they work as a resist - brilliant idea, Shannon!

I hope you have great fun with your new art supplies!

Shannon said...

Awesome picture of Jay! It was such a crazy short visit, but yes, so good to get one more infusion before he returns to that other country.

I'm so glad you are enjoying your project book Jamie! I still have to try mine out, and I have the weird crayons to do so. So fun. I look forward to seeing how they resist (or if it will be futile!).