The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014

Jamie 

I spent Sunday working on my Seven Soul Symbols class coming this fall. I woke up with it on my mind and sat completing the outline in my pyjamas before I'd even got coffee! I've been excited to develop the process and have been having so much fun creating the exercises myself.


Shannon

I'm continuing to really enjoy drawing, although this plant was giving me some mucho challenges. The one I drew last week, I am very familiar with but this was a new one. So many new shapes to explore and recreate on the page!


 
Suzie

On Sunday we had a very long day that started with Reg, his brother Chris and friends coming over to help move a lot of our stuff to our neighbour's place. Then we were at a BBQ with friends. It's all wonderful and bittersweet at the same time. And right now, I really miss our couch. Blogging on a bean bag chair just isn't the same!

2 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

It's so lovely you're having such a wonderful goodbye time. That's important. This is a major transition and it's so great to mark it. I look forward to lots of wonderful stories and pictures of your new home too :)

Shannon said...

Contemplating things before coffee. That's serious business, Jamie :) I love your page of 3's. I could look at that for ages, and imagine the different lives the 3's live.

I can't even imagine blogging on a bean bag chair Suzie! I am sure your couch misses you too. I hope you guys can get a least a little rest through the journey, but sounds like lots of good visiting is being had as well. Yay!

Last of the late adds from me (I really hope to get better on that. Or worse. Err...to have less of them, in any case).