The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30, 2014

Jamie

This weekend Justin and I had the chance to go and see Beck preform. It was a fantastic show. I love not only when an artist shares their music but also shares a bit of themselves. Beck said that reviewers have been glad that on tour he's not playing too much of the new stuff, which is acoustic, quiet and beautiful. He talked about how he'd always found comfort in those kinds of songs and how he loved playing with this group of musicians, who were a part of that for him. He said, "We shouldn't be afraid of the quiet things."


Shannon

Finally watched Vampire Academy! It poofed from the theatre so quickly, I had to wait until DVD release. As someone whose read the book series, I understood it and got a lot of the jokes but I'm not sure if the non-fan would appreciate it as much. Definitely a repeat watcher, although I'm still mystified that everyone thinks of it as funny which I never got when reading the book. Still, it's great to have a film centred on a strong female fighter-spirited protagonist. I will take that any day!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Is it any good?

Shannon said...

Oops! I forgot to write anything about it! As a reader of the book, I enjoyed it... but it might be a bit odd for those who've not read the books. I'll be talking about it at length on next weeks episode of Before the Dawn at http://beforethedawn.ca

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

This story has been with you for a long time, Shannon! I'm so glad that you finally got to see it - and will be able to watch it again and again :)

Suzie Ridler said...

I really appreciate what Beck said Jamie and am thrilled you got to go see him perform! It must hard when people don't want you to do new stuff. I'm all about the new and that would bug me and hey, nothing wrong with quieter stuff.

Shannon, I didn't realize you were such a fan and actually don't know too much about this series of books or the movie but you have me intrigued!

Shannon said...

What an amazing idea Jamie, not to be afraid of the quiet things. How interesting that Beck was able to share what people thought of the tour already. I'm so glad you got to go out and see the concert with Justin. Sounds like an awesome experience.

Hey Jamie, if you every want to watch Vampire Academy I would totally watch it with yoU!

Suzie you might like Vampire Academy, as it centres on a female fighter-type (although she's not as fighter-y in the film) who is a total wise cracker too.