The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014


 Jamie 

Shannon and I managed to have an art day yesterday! We worked on creating pop-up pages. Some of it was fascinating. Some of it was frustrating. I did end up really liking my pag, especially the bird and the cloud in front. Learning to make a pop-up is a fun addition to your journal.


Shannon

I've been having a lot of fun doing the videos for Index Card a Day but over the weekend I wasn't feeling super video-y so I just did them without recording. I worked a litle bit on stippling, which is a technique I've never felt comfortable with, likely because it requires so much discipline. After doing a few cards I got a stronger handle on technique overall, but I still find it unfathomable to make a complete picture this way. But still having more to learn I will try to take as a good thing.

This picture is sideways, I have no idea why Google determined it to be so. But it did. Not even the picture uploader can makes sense of it!!



Suzie

We had a very long day yesterday and it began at Reg's guitar teacher's place. I took this photo at his place. We totally corrupted him. He is from Vancouver and all our talk about moving back there inspired him to pack up all his stuff and move home and he is so happy! He is going to be there before we are. He is Reg's musical mentor and a totally awesome guy so I'm quite thrilled although it's starting to feel like everyone else is getting out of here but us.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Shannon, it's amazing what doing the index card a day challenge is opening up for you! So much learning. I wonder what the key elements of stippling are. Fascinating.

Wow, Suzie, that's wild about Reg's teacher. Maybe he's just energetically paving the way. It's cool that you guys are going to know people when you get back out there too!

Shannon said...

Your pop up page looks amazing Jamie! I totally love the bird and the background it's on - what a tweetie treat! It was one of the more challenging ones though, but definitely go me thinking in different directions. Literally!

That's wild that so many coverts are going back out West Suzie, and sounds like quite the start to your long day. I wonder, why the rice? Was he giving it away because he's leaving? So confused!

Suzie Ridler said...

That is the coolest!!! Popup? Awesome! I had no idea how you do that. And Shannon, love the stippling art, totally fascinating and I love the sense of movement that is throughout. Very cool.

I'm very happy for Reg that his music teacher and personal mentor will be out west, as long as we get to go too! I took the photo of the rice because I didn't want anything personal of his in the photo since it was his house. Sorry for the confusion!