The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July 12, 2017

Jamie

Yesterday was all Art of the Altar all the time! I've loved getting ready for this class, even if I've created a rather assertive schedule! I made sure to go for a walk at the end of the day to get some fresh air and clear my head so I am ready for a new day and a new journey today!


Shannon

I'm continuing on the journey of Sketchbook Summer, and recently there was a prompt to do Informal Subdivision, which was something I had never heard of before. I am very thankful that they did a video to explain it. It's drawing lines on the page before you start as a way to jump start a composition, in a slightly imperfect way. One of the big things this highlighted for me was that I never consider the entire page before I start something. I usually don't even fill the whole page! It was very challenging to do, but it was very engaging to have something completely new to try to work and add to the artistic toolkit. Oh, and the theme for this one was ... Aliens. A little more clear for the bottom drawing...at least I hope so.



Suzie

What a totally crazy day. Got all sorts of errands done (including sending the dresses back to Old Navy darn it) and then out to get groceries and just have time to put a frozen lasagne in the oven for dinner. Tomorrow is going to be even more busy! But I did get a free Slurpee today at 7/11 because it's July 11th.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, Shannon, that is fascinating! How cool to encounter something new that is so engaging, even if it is challenging. I love how your composition turned out too. I'll look forward to watching the video.

What a wild photo, Suzie! I'm sorry to hear that the dresses didn't turn out. What a drag! I hope that other options reveal themselves. Hang in there. I hope today goes well.

Shannon said...

Thanks so much Jamie! It was interesting to actually start with thinking about composition. And when I say interesting I mean ... hard. I hope you enjoy the video!

Ohhh that is so beautiful Jamie! I am so glad that you are enjoying creating the class. I am sure it's going to be an amazing experience!!

Wow, what a day Suzie! That acar is crazy! I wonder what inspired it. How cool that it's free slurpee day! Way to go for fitting that in.

Suzie Ridler said...

What a perfect and beautiful altar photo Jamie! I am so looking forward to diving into that class Jamie and hope that it doesn't add too much work to your schedule.

Shannon, it reminds me of having that huge paper to draw on in drawing class and how freeing in some ways it was for me to draw big but it does take some getting used to. I usually use minimal amounts of paper. Very cool though to see you use up that space! Looks awesome.

Thanks Jamie, we'll see how the "real" dress shopping goes. Ugh. Shannon, isn't that car something else? Yes, can't remember the last time I had a Slurpee, what a treat. I just love going out and confirming these foodie/treat stories.