The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

July 11, 2017



Shannon

In mid-June I set myself the challenge of finishing ALL the books I was in the middle of, which was 15 books! I don't mind reading more than one thing at time, but 15 was a bit much even for me! I split the books up and am working towards finishing all but one of them by the end of the summer (the last one is a 1000+ anthology and for that I'm giving myself until the end of the year). I have now finished 5 of the 15 books and it feels so good!

Oh, and how the visual system works if that the ones on the left are the finished books, and the ones on the right are the ones I'm still working on.




Suzie

I know you both probably saw this on Facebook already but it really is the photograph of the day. I totally threw myself into our final project. We get two classes to complete it and I was done by the first day. No minimalism going on here and I am going to add more 3D elements to it once it dries. I felt bad because the rest of the class was still gathering images and elements or putting their canvases together. I was the only one who had a piece with any art of it! And I am almost done. I think I might do another one next week. Nobody can say I am a slow poke!

5 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

You're reading a +1000 anthology AND The Stand? Wow! Five books done is awesome Shannon!

Shannon said...

That is awesome Suzie!!! Yes, you are no slow poke! I love that you are going to keep going with this one AND start another one. That is awesome !! When you find the right energy, ride it!!!

And yes, I didn't quite realize how long some of the books I'm reading are. The other 1000 page-r is an HP Lovecraft Anthology. I've read over half the stories but I'm only 35% into it. That one I'm giving myself til the end of the year to finish (or I might cut and run... we'll see!!)

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Shannon and yes, so rare when energy like that comes to me, happy to ride that wave!

It's incredibly impressive you are taking on those books and yes, give yourself time, don't want to rush something like Lovecraft!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, Shannon, I love your schedule. It looks so cool. What a good way to organize your reading plans. I hope you'll feel good as you get each one done.

Wow, Suzie, that is awesome! You can feel the energy that you poured into it. No wonder you're not a slowpoke. I'm so glad you got a chance to move into that more 3D realm that has been calling to you. Yay you for following your artistic heart. It's okay if it's not like everyone else's.

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Jamie!