The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, January 6, 2017

January 6, 2017

Jamie

I have been waking up early and doing the assignments from Carla's class right away. Yesterday I then moved onto a big project I'm working on for next year, a book, of sorts. I was so in the zone that I think I started it working at 6:30 am and didn't stop until noon. I would have kept going but I had a hair appointment!


Shannon

Icicles! I'm suprized I even noticed these while I was out because it was a super chilly day, but I did! It was kind of cool to see them, although if they were much larger I would be worried they would look menacing and could cause some trouble to the cars below. Here's hoping they melt away gently.



Suzie

Contractor got stuck in the ice on the way to our place, city workers helped him out and he got to check out our ceiling. Few days of snowstorms ahead so we risked taking the car out and turns out Vancouver has the highest gas prices of North America. Oh and we got some supplies at the local market to help get through the next few days. Winter better be over in a month!!!

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

You know you're enjoying your work when time goes by that quickly and how great you're doing Carla's class first thing Jamie! #priorities

Shannon, love the icicles and yes, may they harm no one and just look pretty. :)

Shannon said...

Wow, Jamie.. so early in the morning that is. It's cool that it's early enough you can light a candle! I'm so impressed you start your day with Carla's classes, that's really wonderful. And very exciting to hear there is a big project in the works!!!

Jeeper Suzie, I'm sorry to hear that winter has hit you guys so hard this year. Good thing the contractor was able to get to see your ceiling, that's dedication. I hope that can be attended to soon. What a time.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Look at those icicles. Are they the ones under the bridge? If so, when I came by they seemed to have melted a bit. It totally surprised me to see them there too.

Wow, Suzie, being prepared sounds wise. I'm with you in hoping this winter eases up soon - and that your ceiling gets sorted!

Shannon said...

They *are* the icicles under the bridge. I don't even remember seeing them last year!