The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

January 21, 2017

Jamie

After a busy and very productive day, including this season's Studio Forum, it was great to hangout with Shannon. We even managed to do a little bit of art. Today's 365 assignment was drawing someone else with our non-dominant hand so we drew each other. Fun!




Suzie

It was so awesome to get to the art studio today! A great turnout of people, lots of laughter and I'm working on my first "wobbly" plate. I love that turn. Basically it is an imperfect plate. You would be surprised at how hard they are to make. Playing with clay can be tricky.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

How wonderful, Suzie! It sounds like a good time in the studio. I can't wait to see how your wobbly plate turns out :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Jamie! I thought it would be easy but nope, LOL.

That is the coolest! Because the people beside me at the studio were doing exactly the same thing and then they traced the portraits with wire to create a sculpture. What a small world.

Shannon said...

What perfect timing that exercise was Jamie! I'm so glad we got to do it together :)

I'm glad you were able to get out to the studio Suzie! I love all the pics of the wobbly plates you've posted, I cant' wait to see what yours turns out like!