The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 22, 2014

Jamie

I think I'm falling in love with doing photo series. I love Cats in the Hood. I'm constantly doing On My Desk shots. I've started doing #goodmorninggarden every day too! Lately I've also been taking snapshots of the jewellery I wear. I wonder if one day I'll be absolutely able to tell the era based on these!


Shannon

It took me way longer than I expected, or would like to admit, but gosh darn it I finally finished watching all 9 seasons of The X-Files plus both the films. I am really happy I kept it up. I hadn't seen a lot of the final seasons, but I ended up liking them better than expected. I might to a vlog about the experience. Because...that's what I seem to be doing these days.



Suzie

Yesterday we had our first open house in almost two weeks. We worked so hard to get the house perfect complete with fresh sunflowers and a new rock garden in the backyard… I even washed the propane tanks so they look brand new. I have been through the terror of thinking we might not sell the house and then started really bonding with the house and not wanting to let it go. All of which was quite paralyzing.

Psychologically, it's been brutal but last night we took our exhausted butts to Starbucks and I had an iced cafe mocha. And didn't like it. I think I have officially tried everything on their menu and come to the realization I just don't like their coffee. Which is fine. I am hoping that whatever happens, like the coffee everything will be fine.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, Shannon, what a commitment! That's awesome you completed the whole thing - especially with liking some of what you hadn't seen. That is always such a treat!

Wow, Suzie, that is such a tough place. I can see how emotionally draining it must be to be between those two extremes. Yay you for making such an effort and shining up the house even more! Here's to everything being just fine no matter what happens!

Shannon said...

I bet you will be able to tell the era by the jewelry Jamie! I love going back and looking at old pics and posts and remember when or where I was at what time. Or maybe you will remember the era of photo series! I think it's awesome you are doing them. So much fun :)

Talk about persistence and resilience Suzie, on both counts of working on selling the house and on trying everything at Starbucks. I like hearing the idea of everything being fine. I really like that. I believe it.

X-Files was an epic rewatch. It is almost as long as Stargate, but it was much more worth it than that experience. I feel like I should call it the show-which-shall-not-be-named!

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, I love how you are documenting different areas of your life! Works awesome with jewellery, love it.

Shannon, that is totally epic, so thrilled you got through it all and enjoyed the experience.

Thank you both. Yes, the extremes are hard to balance and my heart is all over the place. I hope I am right about everything being fine. Doing my best to "make it so".