The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 12, 2014

Jamie

Yesterday was a great adventure! Shannon and I got out to Michaels for the very first time. Suzie, I thought of you as we went through the jewellery making section! We had a look at just about everything from sparkles and boas to cake decorating and yarn. We spent the most time in the yarn section because we both have projects, including the Creative Bug Knit-a-Long. I still can't believe I'm going to attempt cables, which is what these hooks are for. I also really indulged in a couple of Martha Stewart crafting tools. I know they'll be in my toolkit for a long time!


Shannon

I am still processing the awesomeness of Michael's. And I'm incredibly surprized I was able to stick to my budget and get out of their alive!

5 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Awesome! I am so glad you and Shannon finally got to Michaels! It can be overwhelming, can't it? But in a good way. Oh I love the jewellery section, it calls me every time. Those hooks are fantastic, funny, I thought they would be big and plastic for some reason. Can't wait to hear about you working on that project and the knit-along.

Shannon said...

I love this picture Jamie, that blue background rocks! And I can't wait to see those cable needles in action :) It was so much fun to go to Michael's together!

Late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

Well done Shannon! It is quite overwhelming, isn't it? And I am thrilled to hear that you could stick to your budget and get what you want. When you two go again, make sure to print out the coupons from their site. You can get 40% off an item sometimes. Yay! Love Michaels!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I'm so glad we got to go to Michaels! I just did a post about our adventures. I imagine we'll be traveling there again! WTG for being good with the budget, Shannon!

Shannon said...

I did check for coupons ahead of time but it was 25%, still a great deal! I am already looking forward to going back, I'll have to start saving!