The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April 26, 2017

Jamie

Yesterday was a big day - the first day of my new class at art school. The class is paper-cutting and collage and already I love it! I had the normal first-day jitters, plus I'm so busy that it seemed ridiculous to go to class, but I did and I'm delighted. It's a small class and the teacher is lovely. I'm starting to think that I shold be doing one of these classes all the time!


Shannon

I took a mini-break from Spring into Horror to finish off reading 2001: A Space Odyssey, which was really great because I really wanted to finish it and I did! It was really wild to read it, especially because the film scared me so much. Now I understand the story a lot better (shocker!), and look forward to trying to watch the film again. I know some of it will still freak me out, but I'm willing to risk it!


Cucumbers

Suzie

Rough day. Bad pain day in my back which I usually relieve by moving but I just couldn't go out for a walk today so I took pain meds and spent most of the day in bed. I did do some research on how to make pickles. Did you know that "real" kosher pickles don't use vinegar? Although it is hotly debated. OMG, just let me feel a little bit better tomorrow please. I want pickles now!

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, Shannon, that's awesome. I'm so curious to hear more about what you discovered about the story! I hope that somehow that makes it easier to watch next time. And that book really looks like a painting on canvas!

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a rough day, Suzie. I hope that your back is feeling better. Mom would be delighted you're researching pickles!

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, that is so huge going to a paper cutting class like that and I am already amazed at what you are creating! I totally agree that aiming to always be taking a class like that would be a good thing.

Shannon, that's HUGE!!! I remember it being a very trippy read and not easy, so cool you got extra insight into the story and you were scared but you did it anyway. That's awesome.

Thanks Jamie! Yes, I think she would be happy, LOL. I inherited that love quite honestly!

Shannon said...

I think doing one of those art classes all the time sounds like a great idea Jamie! And oh my goodness your work looks amazing! I am glad that you got out to it , even at a busy time. Good learning on al fronts!

omg, what is used instead of vinegar to make pickles, Suzie? I had not heard that. Sorry to hear that it was a bad pain day, but I'm glad you got some rest in. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Suzie Ridler said...

They just do a salt brine although a friend of mine said if you use kosher vinegar, you're good, which must be what most people do. I got the spices now and hope to make pickles today!