The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

April 19, 2017


Jamie

I am 100% immersed in studio work right now, getting the classes ready, continuing to work on the yearbook, getting my taxes done. It's incredibly busy but a few quiet moments in the morning to write in my journal helps keep me grounded.


Shannon

I did tons of errands today but totally forgot to take any pictures! So here is my first picks for the Spring into Horror Readathon. Sorry for the shark picture, Suzie! I am really enjoying Meg (Megalodon = dinoshark pretty much). The creepy image at the back is 2001, which isn't actually horror but we all know it scares me! And I didn't finish it before the readalong started so I'm including it for now. Sharks and Space! All the creepy stuff!



Suzie

Going to events with other foodies is always so weird. In some ways it is beyond uncomfortable and then in some ways, it's totally hysterical and surreal. It was quite the event with fancy vans driving us to Shoppers past the worst neighbourhood in the city and then being catered to and finishing in Blood Alley at night. Thank goodness we finished early so it wasn't dark when we left.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Suzie, that foodie even sounds so exciting! I am so glad that you got to go to it and I hope it was more exciting and surreal than uncomfortable. And how wild to get a van ride between locations! I hope you ended up somewhere not that far away. What a whirlwind adventure of a night!

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow, those are some intense images Shannon and yes, both scary! And I have been terrified of dinosaurs too so woah! Glad you could include 2001 into your reading project, that works out.

Yes, it was quite the night. I had to go all the way downtown, then the drove out to Burnaby, took us back downtown and then I had to come home. Been resting most of today as a result. The hardest part was carrying the goodies home!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Sharks and space - that says it all! I hope you enjoy your readathon, Shannon! The books look scary, but I guess that's the idea :)

Suzie, wow, what a whirlwind! I hope the balance tipped to the plus side for the occasion. It looked extraordinary!

Late add for me.

Suzie Ridler said...

Sounds like life is going awesome Jamie and I'm glad you're taking time to journal too. :)

Shannon said...

What a gorgeous photo Jame! And how wonderful to see what your Creative Living Yearbook! I don't think I've seen the cover before. It sounds like there is a lot going on behind the scenes and I can't wait to seeing the classes!

I hope carrying the goodies home wasn't too hard! And I hope the goodies were good. Looks like an orchid... now that is a goodies!