The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, April 21, 2017

April 21, 2017

Jamie

I drew this picture quite some time ago for one of Carla's classes but revisited it yesterday as one of my symbols for my Seven Soul Symbols class. From now until it's done, all my energy is pouring into the studio. Wish me luck!


Shannon

My Spring Into Horror Reading goes on the road! or ... on the subway. Initially I was all gr-rr because I am reading mostly physical books and I didn't want to carry one because... heavy... but then I started reading this book called Mongrels which is from a kid's perspective as he grows up with his family who are... werewolves. So far, it's really good. And pretty creepy!



Suzie

Thanks to Shannon's awesomely helpful instructions I ended up with a stunning turkey! Took most of the day to cook and had to start early so it would be done before Reg's night class... Wow! It's a good thing too because a) we got the turkey for free and b) we are completely out of food so this will go a long, long way. Tomorrow it's broth-making time! Gotta get those canned peas from the store.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I love the cover of that book, Shannon. That's awesome that so far it's good. Yay to e-books for traveling. What a difference that makes!

Suzie, that turkey looks stunning! What a treat. That is so awesome you got it for free - and what good timing!

Suzie Ridler said...

Love that polar bear drawing Jamie and yes, good luck with the studio!!!

Shannon, that sounds like the coolest book, so happy you found it.

Thank you! I am finally feeling like a turkey aficionado and Reg is no longer asking me NOT to make it, LOL. Turkey soup and pizza tonight!

Shannon said...

I think that bear is watching over you Jamie as you work on the studio offerings! I love this drawing so much, and what a wonderful soul symbol!

How wonderful to get a free turkey Suzie, and a perfect time if you were outta food. I hope it helped to fill tummies and I'm glad the instructions are still helpful for ya! And Turkey Soup is so awesome too! I haven't had that in a while.