The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

April 15, 2017

Jamie

Believe it or not, I went for a run yesterday.  The weather was so nice and the gym is closed for the holiday weekend. I forgot taht one of the things I loved about going out for a run was that I paid attention to everything around me, creating little word poems for myself to gather the little moments like seeing these crocuses or the little boy that was holding a y-shaped branch that was double his height or the silver squirrel sitting defiantly on top of the school's garbage bin. It's good for me in many ways - though my hip joints don't quite agree.

Jamie

Suzie

Michelle told me how she made a churn-free ice cream with only a few ingredients so I made a berry version today. Did house cleaning and then mostly rested. We keep going from rain to brief moments of sunshine and that barometric pressure change is playing basketball with my brain.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to go on getting out for a run, Jamie! I'm always so impressed that you can keep track of and remember so many moments while you are doing so. It's amazing! And I hope your hip feels okay about it soon too!

How did the ice cream turn out, Suzie? It sound berr-i-ly delicious! Sorry to hear the weather changes are being mean ... those pressure changes can be very ouchie.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Thanks, Shannon! It's totally the way my brain works when I'm running :) It kind of makes me want to do it more!

I'm curious too, Suzie. How did it turn out? That reminds me that I have a mango one I do like that from Jamie Oliver and wow, is it good. I hope your berry ice cream was delicious!

Suzie Ridler said...

Pretty flowers and wow, you learn and see so much on your runs Jamie! I love experiencing what you experience although sorry to hear about the hip pain.

The ice cream is quite good! Very subtle but easy and no churner required. Churned is better though, less icy. I'll be posting the recipe soon. Barometric pressure has evened out now a bit, thank goodness.

Was that a mango ice cream Jamie?