The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

April 22, 2015

Jamie 

When I was sick, I joined Teesha Moore's Artstronauts Club and immersed myself in videos about art journaling. I was so inspired when she used Pan Pastels for shading her mixed media journals. The colours were beautiful and the impact huge. I love, love, love chalk pastels and so thought it likely I'd love these too. I ordered some from Deserres and they arrived yesterday. Don't they look like makeup? And you even apply them with a tool like a makeup applicator! I can't wait to give these a go!


Shannon

I didn't take a lot of pictures as I'm trying to rest up, and actually this might be a cheat from a different day, but it's always a good day for a cute cat pic.


Suzie

And the tech issues just continue! My computer is packed with movies and photos and so I bought a 3 TB hard drive that was supposed to be compatible and apparently it is not. Argh!!!

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

That is so awesome that art workshop group is so inspiring Jamie and they do look like makeup! At first I thought they were tubs of paint, LOL. I hope they're awesome. Let us know OK?

Shannon said...

Those pan pastels look amazing Jamie! I can't wait to see how you like them! So exciting to get new art supplies.

Oh my, that sucks the hard drive wasn't compatible Suzie! I so need a new one. Mine is getting very scarily close to full. Amazing how quickly video and sound files fill it up.

Late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

That is such a cute Mr. Man pic!!! LOVE it!

Reg ended up getting the hard drive to work, thank goodness. I had packed it all up and was ready to take it in.

It's true, audio, video… they're huge and fill up a computer so fast. I am sorry to hear yours is so close to full too. So nerve-wracking.