The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

April 16, 2015



Shannon

I'm officially onto (reading) the next Shakespeare play, and I'm diving into the history plays with Richard II. I don't really know anything about this one, but was inspired to read it because I bought a recent BBC set of films that has this one, along with Henry IV Part I & II, and Henry the V. I read a bit of it and wow, it feels pretty complicated and everyone has 2-3 different names when you add in their titles and lands. It will be interesting to see if I can follow it from the text.


Suzie

I had an oddly stressful day yesterday. I finally said to myself I was going to start embroidering so I got out these Hello Kitty tracings I did (aren't they adorable?) and tried to transfer one to fabric but the transfer pencil SUCKS! Now I have to go to a fabric store to get "the good stuff" which is made out of wax but man, I was pissed at the moment. I have really been trying to push myself to do stuff that I have been avoiding and then there was this big reminder about why I avoid stuff. Blocks like this one! I just sort of shrugged it off and made dinner and tried to let it go. Sometimes that is how you figure out the stuff that is really important. When not being able to do it pisses you off! At least it is in my case.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

These tracings are so cute Suzie!! I love them. I am so sorry to hear the transfer pencil sucked, that is so annoying when you set down to do something and then don't have the tools that work for you :( These stumbling blocks can be really frustrating, but I try and take it as a reminder that things can often have more steps than you realize, especially if it's a new or challenging thing to do. Don't get discourage! Look at what the next step is, and when you can, take it. You can do it!

First of the late adds from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

I know nothing about the Richard story lines Shannon so I look forward to hearing about it. That's great you got a collection, so smart!

It's so true Shannon and I think I just gotta stop trying to embroider traditionally and do it the Suzie way, hehe.