The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April 15, 2015


Shannon

My phone has stubbornly decided to take all pictures with a sideways point of view. After getting a little grumbly, I decided to stop fighting. We all have sideways days now and again!


Suzie

The other day I bought a papaya and then wanted to paint one. I found a photo online and tried my first painting of it. Very rudimentary and when I do a side-by-side I see all sorts of things wrong with it but I did it!

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Life can be sideways for sure Shannon and I just love seeing photos of you so it's all good here. FB stopped letting me upload photos completely for a while, so weird!

Shannon said...

OH that's so weird that Facebook wasn't letting you upload photos! I have that intermittently, but it always goes away. It's so annoying when that happens!

I love your papaya painting! I totally thought you did it from life, I had no idea it was from a picture. I think it's amazing you are jumping into things like painting! I am soooo impressed :)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

LOL, I love the sideways pic, Shannon, though I imagine that's frustrating!

Suzie, I think your papaya painting looks awesome! Yay you for diving in and doing that. It's fab!

Hey, did you see the new drawing class on Creativebug? I watched a bit and found it interesting.

Suzie Ridler said...

Thank you! It took a lot of courage to try and paint that papaya, LOL.

Yes, I have been watching the drawing class and I love it. I like that she is going for stylized approach and less realistic.